Monday, February 7, 2011

How Long Ulcerative Colitis Flare Up

Beach, Peru and intermediate seminar ...

Moin moin,

sooo ... My travel time is over, I started working again and now it is as promised, a new journal.

After I was on New Year's Eve in Rio de Janeiro, I'm still down with Heiko beginning of January for two days at the beach. To be precise, we were Bertioga, a small town on the coast between Rio and Sao Paulo. Since we are but we took off late and took two hours to complete the trip, we were the first evening there. Once there, we have tried to find a cheap hostel for us, but chance! The cheapest we have found cost 50 reais per night (equivalent to € 21.35) and here we are two poor volunteers we have done and for that we do not prefer to sleep one night on the beach. :-) That was not very comfortable and after the event is not recommended, but at least it was for nothing. The next day we spent entirely on the beach and we caught two nice sunburn. risks due to any hostel successful search, we have then decided not to stay another night in the evening and are back to Sao Paulo.

Our sleeping on the beach

sunrise on the beach
in after a few days Sao Paulo, it was then in the evening on 12 January so far: I've made the trip to fly the next morning to Peru. I had the night before to the airport, as would the next morning as soon drove no buses. It also has all worked out well, I put myself to sleep at the airport for a few hours and then I got up early to take the flight. First I flew to Lima and Cusco dortaus. Once there, I've looked for 3 hours, the city and then I take the bus 17 hours long gone on to Ica. Next, I took a taxi and went to a hostel, where even Anna-Lena (a good friend of mine) and 3 other volunteers (Which I did not know until then) waiting for me. The trip up there has it taken a total of 1 1 / 2 days from 12:01:11 to 14:01:11. Well, but now I was finally here! And it was worth it: the hostel (with pool) was located in an oasis, which was entirely surrounded by desert (dunes). There are
gebliegen we then for 3 more days. On one of the days have Anna-Lena and I made a tour booked through the dunes. First, we are in a kind of off-road vehicle with a guide like crazy gebrettert over the dunes (which was a lot of fun) and then we Habne each get a "sand boarding" and therefore, only in the stand and after nurnoch lie in the dunes descended.
oasis in Ica

Borden sand when I

Next, have Anna-Lena and I are of the other and are separated by bus to Cusco down because they are there (or near) works. She told me there then her school where she works, her room, where she lives and where she buys her supermarket shown. All this was not comparable with the things here in Sao Paulo. She lives in Pisac, a mountain village, which has become very touristy. Her room or her apartment is not very comfortable, which does not mean that our here is in Sao Paulo. ;-) And generally everything is very different from here.
roasted guinea pig (Pisac, Peru)

The next day, she then showed me yet Cusco in the evening and then we drove to Puno on Lake Titicaca, where we will very soon morning arrived. After we have looked a bit Puno, we took a boat tour to a group of islands on the Titicaca Lake. There on the so-called "floating islands" lives the people of the Uros. We then looked at their homes and leave us the Women of the people still songs sung in different languages. There, too, everything is very focused on tourism, which has not very much. After we were back on the mainland, we have the next bus (small town located in Bolivia, even at the Titicaca Lake) towards Copacabana taken. Once there, however unfortunately we had to decide that we pass along to La Paz, because I had to take the very next day a bus back to Cusco, to fly from dortaus back. Therefore, we are simply on that evening went comfortably eat in Copacabana and have the next morning still viewed the city.


Floating Islands
Anna-Lena and I
Then it was already that time again: the time of departure came and I had my way back make towards Cusco, while Anna-Lena drove to La Paz there two days later to take back the other volunteers. I have made my lunch and then set the bus to be back in Cusco in the evening to sleep in the hope there again at the airport to be able to fly and then the next morning quite early. It was unfortunately not.

I was so against 23 in clock At the bus terminal in Cusco and then I took a taxi to the airport. Since Cusco is not a big city but the airport was closed overnight. As I stood thus: at 11:30 at night, with 20 solos nurnoch (equivalent € 5.19) because it was my last day in Peru, yes and no sleep. In addition, it was higher at 3,000 meters damn cold at night. I then went to the opposite gas station to ask whether there is a cheap hostel nearby. The attendant said, however, that there is only one hostel in the nearby (and only 100 meters) there. To which I am then were run and there I was told that all beds are already occupied and they can not accept any more people. Then I was really clear: I have to go through the night. With this in mind I'm back, went to the petrol station. As the attendant came up to me at once and had quite obviously sorry for me. He offered to sleep in my need, but in an old bus, the men's situational at the gas station. I accepted the offer with thanks, of course, and was able to for 5 hours until the airport reopened to sleep in a very old and very dirty bus in the last row (where 4 seats were next to each other). The attendant woke me up even in time for 5:30, I packed my things, thanked me for 10 times with him and then I went to the opposite side of the road to the airport.

My sleeping on the bus

The first flight from Cusco to Lima has everything went well except that he had half an hour late. Then I had just got to hurry because I had to change nurnoch 15 min. I stormed out of the plane, the next-in-Chek switch galaufen, running again through the entire airport and boarded at the last minute in the other plane. Puuuhhh Jewels ...
had arrived in Sao Paulo back I only got one day before returning (3 hours away by bus) to my intermediate seminar in Botucatu went. The seminar was on the whole very chillig. We have always discussed during morning and afternoon and evening gamacht some things and we had time for other things. There were also five times a day without food. :-) It was a nice change and it was nice to hear from other volunteers, as that shall be given in their projects.

Dining Seminar

make music at the seminar

In the meantime, when I was at the seminar, we also have 2 new female volunteers from Germany here to get Horizonte Azul, which is a now live here in Voluhaus. They both seem very to be nice and I'm curious how they are so accustom. Thus we need three other volunteers are now gone in January, and others, including my roommate Michael. For this reason, now moves Simon, the one next to me last male volunteers with me. That is, I guess, also work well with him.

now now I have started working again and if all goes as I want, then I will work this year even more in the pre-Escola. Since I am also on it already.

That's it then first again now ...
Greetings
Christian

0 comments:

Post a Comment